Bye Bye Litter’s 12 Step Instructions on How to Toilet Train Your Cat
- Place the litter box next to the toilet you are going to use to toilet train your cat
- After a week, remove the form, clean the floor so that there are no scents of waste.
- Place the form between the toilet seat and the porcelain rim of the toilet. Keep the seat down and the lid up.
- If you are planning to use an automatic flusher , do not use until your cat has been completely toilet trained for a minimum of two weeks
- After the form is in place, fill with a heavy clay litter. This should stretch the form and when the cat steps on the litter, you pet will experience a secure feeling. Keep in mind that our goal is to get your pet to sit on the toilet seat or toilet rim.
- Using the bag of enticing herbs (cat nip) open the bag, place the open bag in front of the cats nose, then carefully carry your cat to the bathroom.
- Sprinkle the herbs on the litter while gently setting the pet on the litter. Then leave the cat and shut the bathroom door, in a few minutes your cat should have used his new litter. Most cats will meow when they are finished.
- Make sure the bathroom door is always open and the wasted matter is always removed from the litter in the tray.
- After this the cat should begin to sit on the toilet seat or rim of the toilet. When this is discovered, this is the time to begin removing a ring every few days.
- Regular kit users will need to cut out a ring ever few days. If your cat regresses, we have included a regressive form so you can retrain your cat. If you have a deluxe version simply change to the form with the next largest opening every few days.
- After you have removed the last ring, you should now have a totally toilet trained cat.
Remember if you need an additional regressive form. They are free, & can be ordered from our website, just pay S&H.
- Place your cat’s name on the diploma and have a party to celebrate your pet’s achievement. Please visit byebyeliter.com/graduate and upload a picture of your pet and your story.